Just a few steps to a successful social media strategy
With workshops to success on Instagram, LinkedIn & Co.
These days, a social media presence is almost as important as a company’s own website. Why? User behavior on social media is becoming more and more intense, and on platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok, the companies of this world can once again show themselves in a much more approachable and authentic way. However, in order to develop this positive social media presence, a strategy is needed. This should not be worked out in passing, but at best in a workshop. This blog post reveals which options are available and which steps lead to a successful social media strategy.
How do I create a social media strategy?
A company’s presence on social media is the be-all and end-all when it comes to positive placement. Particularly for companies that want to sell something via social media (see: Social Selling), the Instagram platform is ideal. In order to carry out successful marketing there, a company must present itself authentically without disregarding professionalism. The main thing is to show one’s own expertise and use it to create added value, without foregoing a close exchange with one’s own followers and showing a more “casual” side.
To develop a meaningful social media strategy, the following steps should be worked out:
Target and target group analysis
Before it even makes sense to start posting on Instagram, companies need to be clear about what they want to achieve with postings in the first place. The goals can be, for example, to increase reach or awareness, or to increase customer loyalty or sales. The most important thing is to define your own goals SMART (specific, measurable, attractive, realistic and timed).
Once you have defined this goal for yourself, the next step is to clarify who you want to reach with your content and on which platform.
Once the goals have been defined, the next step is to derive concrete measures from them. For example, if a company wants to increase customer loyalty, one concrete measure could be to practice more community management and to include a question in every post that invites interaction.
Selection of the appropriate platform
Now companies already know what they want to achieve, how they want to achieve it, and most importantly: who they want to reach. However, the next question now is where the pre-defined target group can be reached. Is it perhaps a rather young target group that is more likely to be found on TikTok? The choice of platform wants to be well considered so that the planned measures do not come to nothing.
Now that all the framework conditions have been created, the main thing is to plan the content in concrete terms. It makes sense to determine in advance for each month which content is to be played on which day. This provides planning security and a certain routine, which in turn can be used to offer higher-quality content.
Social Media Workshops
Social media workshops are a good way to define and apply all these measures. Within the framework of these, everything from your own company is defined with external parties that can contribute to a successful strategy for the social networks. At Lookfamed we distinguish between 3 types of workshops:
- Kick-off workshopsSo-called kick-off workshops are particularly suitable for companies that have not yet given much thought to a strategy, but have rather “just posted” in the past. The first step is to develop a basic strategy and define goals and target groups. In addition, we look at where we want to go in the long term.
- Social media workshopsSocial media workshops presuppose that a basic strategy has already been considered, at least for the roughest framework conditions. This is because the focus here is on taking a closer look at a specific characteristic. Topics can therefore range from “social media strategy” to focus topics such as “social ads” or “employer branding”.
- Influencer workshopsThis exclusive format is offered by Lookfamed together with our content creators. They offer exclusive insights directly from practice and give insights into what primarily works on Instagram, which type of placement suits the company or brand and which products can be placed in which way.
However, it is important at this point to mention above all that every company and therefore every social media strategy is individual. Therefore, each case must also be considered individually.
How does a social media workshop work?
Again, each workshop is individual and customized to each client. However, there is a classic course of a workshop:
- The first step is to first discuss the expectations that each party has of the workshop to make sure that all parties are on the same page and to work out what the end result should be.
- Goal and target group definition
- It is also important to work out the values of the company. For a company to be able to position itself authentically on social media, these values must also be lived and communicated externally.
- What are the contents of the strategy that need to be translated into actions in the next step?
- Where does the company want to go with its social media presence in the long term?
- What specific Next Steps need to be defined to get started with a successful social media strategy?
Ready for social media strategy?
For those of you who are now eager to get started with your own strategy, we can recommend our free whitepaper on how to do successful social media marketing and how to use the different formats for publications.
For those who would like to book a workshop, we are always available to discuss firstname.lastname@example.org!